One of the things I love about Madrid is that it´s a common start point for people who comes from South America (where I am from) to do an Eurotrip, or even to continue to Asia. Therefore, I get a lot of visits in Madrid from friends and family.
This time, one of my oldest friend from school came to visit, and like I always do, I look for new places to go. Habanera restaurant is the new restaurant of Larrumba group (owners of Marieta, Juanita Cruz, Perrachica, etc.). It has a colonial cuban style with a latin Spanish fusion menu.
The service was good, the place is lovely, with a nice view to Colon Square, and the cocktails and food were amazing. We were 6 people, who shared 3 appetizers, 3 main courses, 2 desserts and a couple of drinks, and paid 25 euros per person. It´s better to book first. For the moment they are not available in “El Tenedor” but you can book trough their web page.
- Medias limas de ceviche de salmón, aguacate y cilantro
- Saquitos de arroz a la cubana
- Falsos nigiris de causa limeña con pulpo a la brasa y mayonesa de pimentón
- Ropa vieja cubana con arroz congrí y chips de plátano macho
- 2 Burgers de ternera de Guadarrama en pan de cristal, salsa de trufa y queso brie
- ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Tarta de galletas María, chocolate y lacasitos “La original”
- The Habanera´s carrot cake (excellent)
Definitely recommended if you come to Madrid 🙂
Address: Calle de Génova, 28, 28004 Madrid
Price: 45 euros
Phone: +34 917 37 20 17